Sri Vijayaguru LIC Manager - impressions and influences

Sri Vijayagurunathan LIC Manager - impressions and influences

  We meet many people in our day today life whom we forget or remember depends on the nature and acts of that person. And there are some who make an indelible impression on our minds. We never forget them in our life and their influence is also profoundly felt in us. Consciously or unconsciously we try to emulate such persons. We may or may not succeed emulating their goodness. I had an opportunity to interact with such a man who came as branch manager to our LIC Kumbakonam branch. He is retiring from the services of the corporation today 30.6.20.

     When a man retires, we usually recollect all the good deeds and qualities of that person usually and forget about it later. We shall go about doing our daily chores afterwards. Normally this happens to most who retire. Like all, on completing sixty years of age this man also has come to his superannuation day. Because of some unique qualities of this man, I want to write down certain facts as remembrances about this man specially. Why? What are the unique qualities? 

      He had a friendly and amiable  demeanor with whoever he moved with and we find this in many other men too. The difference here, is the reciprocation of this. You may be friendly with any one and cannot be sure that it will be reciprocated to you in kind. The success of this man is thus, whatever he gave as love and affection got back to him multiple times. This perception is of course, formed by me after having watched him for some period. This was a major achievement considering that he had to face many sections of people during his stint as BM and invariably all members regarded him as lovable, well intentioned and noble hearted. They would say this uniformly, if you ask any of the members of group he had to move with, without batting the eyelids. This was an envious record that a very few could match.

     How was this possible for him when this seems impossible for many others. I think, he was like, as writer Jayamohan says of his fellow writer and youtube story teller Bava chelladurai in one of his interviews who never speaks ill of others either in the front or back. This is the true nature of our man at all times. Never talk anything negative. Never. And I did not see him losing his positivity even in extremely provocative situation, He kept his cool and I am of the opinion that it was his true nature most probably at all places. It cannot be otherwise. This one trait that I tried to follow many a times and I failed miserably every time. I have to keep on trying till I succeed.

   Another important takeaway for me from him is handling drunk or insane people in public situations. When confronted with drunk person he would always say that we should not argue with them unnecessarily as that would make us no different from them. I am following this diktat till today and I am relieved of many tensions ever since.

   This has become a fairly long write up already as I can go on and on telling about many incidences. Certain events may well become too personal that might embarrass himself. I want to get this closed here.

   This is about Mr Vijayagurunathan of Tirunelveli origin who worked as a Branch Manager in our Kumbakonam LIC branch .
I am writing this as reminiscences of an officer under whom I worked ten years ago. The impact created on me had been such that I vividly recollect many of his attributes after a long period of time.

   Some of his qualities are worth emulated by all of us in life. It is not that I claim that he was perfect or something. In fact, I don't know him enough as he was in our midst only for two years. Still, I decided to write on whatever good things I observed in him during the time. With his highly successful stint with all around happiness and success, the biggest lesson is we can be so truthful, honest, straightforward, sweet talking, humble and still be successful and not only that, it is also possible to earn a good enough name among the people we work with. My humble salute to him on the day of his retirement and I also wish that more people like him should taste success in life so that many others will also get motivated.


     


கருத்துகள்

பிரபலமான இடுகைகள்